According to Adam Silverman, VP & Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, there are six things retailers are missing when it comes to solving the puzzle of in-aisle shopper engagement:
- Lack of strategy and vision
- Teams and systems aren’t integrated
- Data not being captured or utilized
- Measurement of success not clear
- Privacy concerns not being addressed
- A single view of the customer
Adam was kind enough to co-host a webinar for us last month. Thankfully, he didn’t leave us hanging as he shared recommendations on the next steps retailers need to take to start solving these problems.
Not surprisingly, the solutions weren’t really anything new – leverage your data and invest in your digital platform (ok, I’m paraphrasing a little…). But the moral of the blog (for today anyway) is that it’s a lot like exercise – we know what to do and that we should, but sometimes you need a partner that’s done it to help you along.